Jan. 2019 ~ Now: PhD student at Monash University and CSIRO-Data61, Melbourne, Australia.
Advised by Jiangshan Yu and Joseph Liu and Shiping Chen (from Data61)
Sep. 2017 ~ Sep. 2018: MSc student at The University of
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
Advised by Christos Kotselidis
Sep. 2013 ~ Jun. 2017: Undergraduate student at Beijing University of
Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, China.
I study fundamental aspects of permissionless blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
My research mainly combines techniques from Cryptography and Distributed Computing.
Hopefully my PhD thesis will be able to (partly) answer (some of) the following three questions:
- Scalability: How can permissionless blockchains process thousands of transactions per second?
- Decentralisation: How can permissionless blockchains prevent being controlled by a few powerful
- Egalitarianism: How can permissionless blockchains even the voting power of the rich and the poor?
Full publication list can be found at [DBLP].
- RandChain: Decentralised Randomness Beacon from Sequential Proof-of-Work. Seminar at Decrypto (virtual). November, 2020
- VRF-Based Mining: Simple Non-Outsourceable Cryptocurrency Mining. CBT workshop (virtual). September, 2020.
- Demystifying Crypto-Mining: Analysis and Optimizations of Memory-Hard PoW Algorithms. Seminar at Huawei
Noah's Ark Lab (virtual). July, 2020.
- Scaling blockchains via sharding. Confirmation seminar at Monash University (virtual). March, 2020.
- On the optionality and fairness of Atomic Swaps. AFT conference at Zurich. October, 2019.
- 2021: DSN, ICBC
- 2020: AFT, ICDCS, SRDS, ACNS, AsiaCCS, TrustCom, ACISP, ICBC, NSS, TDSC, The Computer Journal, IEEE IoT
Journal, IEEE Software Journal, IEEE Transaction of Service Computing
- 2019: Indocrypt, TrustCom, Future Generation Computing System