Jan. 2019 ~ Now: PhD student at Monash University and CSIRO-Data61, Melbourne, Australia.
Supervised by Jiangshan Yu and Joseph Liu and Shiping Chen (from Data61)
Sep. 2017 ~ Sep. 2018: MSc student at The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
Supervised by Christos Kotselidis
Sep. 2013 ~ Jun. 2017: Undergraduate student at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, China.
I study fundamental aspects of permissionless blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
My research mainly combines techniques from Cryptography and Distributed Computing.
Hopefully my PhD thesis will be able to (partly) answer (some of) the following three questions:
- Scalability: How can permissionless blockchains process thousands of transactions per second?
- Decentralisation: How can permissionless blockchains prevent being controlled by a few powerful people/authorities?
- Egalitarianism: How can permissionless blockchains even the voting power of the rich and the poor?
Full publication list can be found at [DBLP].
- VRF-Based Mining: Simple Non-Outsourceable Cryptocurrency Mining. CBT workshop (virtual). September, 2020.
- Demystifying Crypto-Mining: Analysis and Optimizations of Memory-Hard PoW Algorithms. Seminar at Huawei Noah's Ark Lab (virtual). July, 2020.
- Scaling blockchains via sharding. Confirmation seminar at Monash University (virtual). March, 2020.
- On the optionality and fairness of Atomic Swaps. AFT conference at Zurich. October, 2019.
- 2020: AFT, ICDCS, SRDS, ACNS, AsiaCCS, TrustCom, ACISP, ICBC, TDSC, The Computer Journal, IEEE IoT Journal, IEEE Software Journal, IEEE Transaction of Service Computing
- 2019: Indocrypt, TrustCom, Future Generation Computing System