I'm a researcher and engineer in Blockchain.
Currently, I'm working on Babylon, a new blockchain that brings security and decentralisation of Bitcoin to all Proof-of-Stake blockchains.
Previously, I obtained my PhD at Monash University and CSIRO-Data61 (advisors: Jiangshan Yu, Joseph Liu and Shiping Chen), Msc at The University of Manchester (advisor: Christos Kotselidis), and BSc at BUPT.
My name in Chinese is 韩润超.
I aim at improving scalability, security and privacy of permissionless blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
My research mainly combines techniques from Cryptography and Distributed Computing.
My PhD research mainly focused on blockchain sharding protocols and their underlying primitives, such as shard allocation and decentralised randomness beacon.
I also have worked on some other topics such as cross-chain communication, economic security of blockchains, layer-2 protocols, and optimisation of Proof-of-Work mining.
- Analysing and Improving Shard Allocation Protocols for Sharded Blockchains.
- AFT conference (virtual). September, 2022
- Seminar at CSIRO-Data61 (virtual). August, 2022
- Fact and Fiction: Challenging the honest majority assumption of permissionless blockchains.
- AsiaCCS conference (virtual). June, 2021. [Video]
- Seminar at CSIRO-Data61 (virtual). November, 2021
- RandChain: A Scalable and Fair Decentralised Randomness Beacon.
- Seminar at Nervos Foundation (virtual). June, 2022.
- Seminar at Decrypto (virtual). November, 2020. [Video]
- Demystifying Crypto-Mining: Analysis and Optimizations of Memory-Hard PoW Algorithms.
- Seminar at Huawei Noah's Ark Lab (virtual). July, 2020.
- On the optionality and fairness of Atomic Swaps.
- AFT conference talk at Zurich. October, 2019.
- Peep an EIP #23: EIP-2266 (joint with Haoyu Lin). February,
Conference Program Committee Member
- 2022: EuroS&P, IEEE Blockchain, IEEE Transaction of Service Computing, ACM DLT Journal, Journal of Network
and Systems Management
- 2021: DSN, ICBC, IEEE Blockchain, NSS, MSN, TrustCom, IEEE Transaction of Service Computing
- 2020: AFT, ICDCS, SRDS, ACNS, AsiaCCS, TrustCom, ACISP, ICBC, NSS, TDSC, The Computer Journal, IEEE IoT
Journal, IEEE Software Journal, IEEE Transaction of Service Computing
- 2019: Indocrypt, TrustCom, Future Generation Computing System